Insulating your house is a critical task in northern countries, and finding the right form of insulating material that fits all your requirements can be hard. In the past most houses were insulated with Asbestos; the employment of Asbestos has been banned in most first world countries worldwide due to health hazards. Lots of things are actually built using asbestos, for its many natural and chemical properties. Asbestos is a set of six naturally sourced silicate materials, made up from thin fibrous crystals, it is a very strong material resistant to fire and heat, it has regular tensile strength and it also is resistant against chemical damage and doesn’t conduct electrical current, additionally, it is effective to provide a sound buffer, all of these features make it the leading selection for insulation applications and other things like patio furniture, car brakes, etc. The application of Asbestos for insulation shot to popularity in the late 19th century in bloom with the industrial revolution. Only until a few decades ago, in the late 70’s more research was done on the health side effects asbestos have on the body and we realized it’s such a significant threat.
The most frequent means of being exposed to asbestos is actually by being surrounded by these and moving them or disturbing them, like this you inhale the air with flowing fibers. The fibres make their way to your lungs and after a few months, a long time, decades irritating your throat and lungs finally causing inflammation and scarring within the bronchioles or throat, which often can subsequently bring on serious respiratory system conditions.
Asbestos has been a labeled carcinogenic in most developed countries ever since the late 70’s. Research indicates that contact with asbestos can result in cancer of the lung along with a fairly rare cancer within the membranes that line the chest area and abdomen. Exposure to asbestos may possibly increase the risk of a condition referred to as “Asbestosis”, that is an inflammatory condition affecting the lungs which often can cause shortness of breath, coughing and long term lung damage. All these illnesses via asbestos particle exposure are highly not likely, unless you are consistently subjected to asbestos fibres in the air. It is considered smart to eliminate asbestos out of your home, but have it carried out by a professional. A professional would have all the equipment required as well as being an authority who wouldn’t risk his/her own life or that of individuals living in the home.