1 year ago admin 0
Furniture in a modern kitchen should be simple in shape, multi-functional, and bold in color. Modern kitchen furniture will not include carved legs, multi-colored patterned cushions, or seats made of many parts. Modern style by definition means full of straight line and not a lot of fuss.
Modern décor means little to no art work is required for a modern kitchen design. The decoration is the furniture and cabinetry and it’s typically limited to a one or two color scheme. A one color scheme means everything, cabinets, furniture, and appliances, is a single color. A two color scheme is one in which the walls and cabinets are one color but the appliances and furniture are a second color, usually a highly contrasting color.
Whether it’s a few touches or a complete new kitchen, you can create a modern kitchen successfully as long as you express your personal style and the space makes you happy.
As the housing stock ages and new construction prices rise, more and more people are remodeling their homes than any other time in history. If you live in a house that you generally love and it’s located in a desirable neighborhood, remodeling makes good financial sense. What’s the primary benefit you might derive from a new kitchen?
1. Functionality – add a walk-in pantry, re-design counter space, and make room for your laptop and printer – anything that complements your lifestyle.
2. Interaction – open up your kitchen to the other adjoining rooms, a new island can be a comfortable place for early morning coffee chats and late evening wine tasting.
3. Safety – reduce risks of accidents and make your much-used room safe. Modify countertop heights to reduce back strain and use green materials to improve indoor air quality.
4. Storage – a well-designed kitchen remodel can greatly increase your storage space and ability to keep organized.
5. Entertaining – enjoy the fun of entertaining people in your new space.
6. Resale – According to realtors, the kitchen and bath are the most important rooms in the house to potential buyers. Reports show that a kitchen remodel can return up to 85% of its cost upon resale.
7. Style – it’s all about you and the beautiful things you appreciate. Make your kitchen a happy place to spend time.
Whether practical, functional, or desirable, fitting your kitchen with an updated look can make any old modern kitchen into a new modern luxury kitchen expressly designed for you. After all, technology waits for no one.